The Metamorphosis of Don

During my pre-adolescent age, I was a very meek teen. I never stand on my own. I never went into a fight. I never spoke any bad words against other people. I was always the underdog.

I seldom encounter any conflict as I always try to avoid them. And If I do encounter one, I either run away with my tail between my legs or I succumb to the ground defeated.

Things changed when I reached an older age. I have to face people. I have to face challenges. But knowing myself, I know I can't beat any.

I tried many things to overcome my weakness. I went into learning martial arts. I tried shooting guns, extreme sports but I was still weak.

In my lowest state of defeat, while I was walking home one night, I pass upon a dark street. Something pulled me into walking farther in. So I walked on. In the end of the almost endless alleyway, I saw an ominous signpost telling me that it is some kind of gym-spa. It seems to tell me to come inside and I can't seem to decline. On each side of the entrance, two large, muscular men stand unmovable like stone statues.

As I open the door I felt a cold sensation on my spine, as if I'm a pig entering a slaughterhouse. I walk slowly into the dark hallway. On the walls, there hang pictures of notable artists. There were pictures of Mon Confiado, Allen Dizon, DJ Durano, Dennis Roldan and other esteemed celebrities. As I reach the makeshift reception table, a low, coarse voice told me to enter a room.

I entered the nearest room on my left. It was dimly lit. In my fear or panic, I misstep on the creaky floor and I dropped the key that I'm holding. I bent down to pick it up.







I don't know what happened next. I blacked out.

When I got my senses back I was already walking out the main door. It was already morning.

At that moment, I felt I have changed. I am a different person. I feel very strong. I feel brave enough to crush anyone on my path. I was overflowing with confidence.

That's how I gained my trust and belief in myself. That's when I decided to become an artist.

I'll never forget that day.



0 comments:



Post a Comment