May Asim: A Message of Hope for the Desperate Soul

Are you feeling down? Have you lost all hope? Ready to let go? Do not.

One man's trash is another man's treasure. Sure it's been said too many times it had become cliche already. But I'm just realizing what it really means.

Who would've thought I'll find solace in a disgustingly bad novelty song?

As a backgrounder, let me just tell you, for the past few weeks or even months, I've lost hope. I feel I'm in a deep pit of sorrow for reasons I still can't fathom. It was one of the darkest times of my life -- as if my nightmares have escaped into my waking hours.

Until I heard The Song.

It was a song of hope, of living life to the fullest, of never giving up.

It was the legendary phoenix' tears which revives you in your weakest state.

It was a breath of fresh air for one who's trapped in a dark and solitary cave.

"May Asim, May Asim Pa!" sings the old wrinkly hag, on the tip of the plank but still fighting on.

"May Asim, May Ibubuga Pa!", sings the seemingly defeated but surprisingly sturdy woman.

You've heard this song-- a novelty anthem by Madame Auring that still managed to reach the airstream despite the widespread protests of many.

I implore you, take comfort in this song. If you feel like letting go, don't. There is always light at the end of the tunnel. Madame Auring saw this light and she has lived it by heart. So why can't you?


====================================================================

(Check out the full lyrics and a picture below.)
(Not suitable to the faint-hearted)










Ako'y maganda pa rin
Mabango, kaakit akit
Mga pogi at mga macho
Lokong loko sa alindog ko
Ang sex appeal nitong lola niyo
May asim pa naman ako

May asim (may asim)
May asim pa (may asim pa)
May asim (may asim)
May ibubuga pa (may ibubuga pa)
May asim (may asim)
May asim pa (may asim pa)
May asim (may asim)
May ibubuga pa (may ibubuga pa)

Ako, si Madame Auring
Mabango, kaakit akit
Mga gwapo at mga lolo
Lokong loko sa alindog ko
Ang sex appeal nitong lola niyo
May asim pa naman ako

May asim (may asim)
May asim pa (may asim pa)
May asim (may asim)
May ibubuga pa (may ibubuga pa)
May asim (may asim)
May asim pa (may asim pa)
May asim (may asim)
May ibubuga pa (may ibubuga pa)

May asim pa naman akooohhh...

0 comments:



Post a Comment